From the Around SMPTE/New England Newsletter
Not all meetings were written up, just the ones with links.
September 2014 to June 2015
- September 30: “Can you hear me now?”
- October 11: A Tour of New England Studios
- November 19: A Tale of Two VARICAMS
- December 11: Sony/World Cup Production
- January 14: High Efficiency Technologies for Field Production and Television News Gathering
- February 19: Adobe’s Jason Levine, Atomos’ Heather Williams, Filmmaker Maxim Jago
- March 15: SMPTE/New England Section visits NESN Studios
- April 29: Our Annual NAB Wrapup
- May 14: An Evening with SMPTE Fellow Mark Schubin
- June 17: Annual BBQ/Projection Event
September 2013 to June 2014
- September 18: An evening with “ALEXA”
- October 30: Beyond HD
- November 20: 4K is Here to Stay: Are You Ready?
- December 3: Building a Tapeless Infrastructure with Asset Management and Tiered Storage
- January 22: Developments in Field Contribution for Newsgathering
- February 19: Display Technology
- March 19: Broadcast Weather Systems
- April 23: Our Annual NAB Wrapup
- May 21: Archiving Summit
- June 25: Images and Insights of the Sochi Winter Olympics
September 2012 to June 2013
September 2011 to June 2012
September 2010 to June 2011
September 2009 to June 2010
September 2008 to June 2009
September 2007 to June 2008
- September 26: Using DVB-S2 and MPEG-4 for Improved Operations for DSNG and Satellite Broadcast
- October 17: Transitioning to a Digital Media Distribution System
- November 14: Television Station Extreme Makeover at WGBH-TV2
- December 12: "XDCAM Technology"
- January 23: SMPTE New England's Annual Digital Video Showcase!
- February 27: AVC-Intra, the logical choice for high quality HD field acquisition?
- March 8: Green Lights for the Television Studio
- April 23: SMPTE New England Post NAB Wrap-Up
- May 28: Removing Wow and Flutter from Analog Recordings
September 2006 to June 2007
- September 13: In the Video Trenches with Dr. Bob Arnot
- October 25: Harnessing and Unlocking the Value of Your Organization?s Rich Media Assets
- November 15: 21st Century Video Compression
- December 18: From Cleaning Your Carpet to Cleaning Up In Your Studio
- January 17: Annual Digital Production Showcase
- February 28: What is AVCHD and what?s it impact for users?
- March 10: JVC?s Implementation of HD
- April 25: Annual NAB Wrap-Up
- May 23: Generating New Revenue/Markets for TV, and more
September 2005 to June 2006
September 2004 to June 2005
September 2003 to June 2004
September 2002 to June 2003
September 2001 to June 2002
- September 19, 2001: HDTV Survivor Stories POSTPONED
- October 17th: Serving To The Future:The Sony NewsBase system at WLVI-TV.
- November 14 and December 5: Joint SMPTE/New England, SIGGRAPH/Boston and ITVA/Boston Series on Webcasting Technology:
- November 14: Creating and distributing webcasting signals.
- December 5: 3D Webcasting for games and product visualizations
- December 12: Evolving Post Production Issues. New Models? New Directions?
- January 16, 2002: Our Annual SMPTE-NE Non-Linear Showcase.
- February 20: To Infinity and Beyond! Avid's Glimpse Into Our Future.
- March 20: Lighting Boot Camp
- April 17: NAB Wrapup
- May: Meeting Cancelled.
- June 19: SMPTE goes to the movies (IMAX)
September 2000 to June 2001
September 1999 to June 2000
- October 20: Production for the Next Millenium
- November 17: Digital ENG
- December 15: Fiber Optic Technology
- January 19: Annual Nonlinear Overview
- February 25: Photons vs. Electrons: Cable and Fiber-Optic Technology
- March 15: 3D Computer Graphics: Synapix's 3D Extraction Technology
- April 26: NAB Wrapup at WBZ-TV
- May: Digital Broadcast Video Servers at Seachange International
- June 7: HDTV & DTV, plus our Annual Barbecue and Historical Retrospective
September 1998 to June 1999
- September 16, 1998: WSBK-TV's new Media Pool Server
- October 7: DTV Express
- November 18: Hands-On with the Trinity Play
- December 16: HDTV Production Technology
- January 20: Annual Nonlinear Overview
- February 25: Networked Post-Production (Rescheduled for March 29).
- March 29: Networked Post-Production
- April 29: NAB Wrapup at WBZ-TV
- May 22: WLVI-TV Goes Digital, Part 2
- June 16: End-of-Season Technical Retrospective and Technology Demo
September 1997 to June 1998
September 1996 to June 1997
September 1995 to June 1996
January to June 1995